8 Ways to Improve Parenting SkillsMay 21, 2017
Where to find good quality educational wooden animal toysJuly 21, 2017
Recipe: Kids Mini Pizza Quiches
A great midweek treat for the little ones. I often struggle to find new healthy meals for my children, not because they are hard to find (they’re everywhere if you look) but more because they are put off by the sound of them or the ingredients they have, spinach, kale and broccoli etc.
So I have recently taken a different approach, which is combining the unhealthy food they love (pizza, burgers and chips etc) with healthy food recipes I find online. Take this Quiche recipe I found at www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/mini-pizza-quiches, for the chopped vegetables I used broccoli, onion and green peppers. This recipe went down a storm with my kids and they are very difficult to cook healthy food for.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 large tortilla wraps
- 4 eggs
- chopped vegetables (optional)
- 6 slices salami
- 3 cherry tomatoes, halved, plus extra to serve
- handful basil leaves
- vegetable sticks, to serve
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Using a 12cm cutter (or a small plate) cut circles from the large tortilla wraps – you should get 6. Use the circles to line 6 holes of a muffin tin, pushing them into the holes to make cases.
- Beat the eggs and pour into the tortilla cases (you can add some chopped vegetables too if you like). Top each case with a slice of salami and 1/2 a cherry tomato. Bake for 15 mins until the egg has set. Top with a few basil leaves, if you like, and serve with extra tomatoes and vegetable sticks.